Fraud Phone Calls
FRAUD ALERT 10.16.2018
Fraudsters claiming to be the Sierra Pacific Fraud or Customer Service Department are calling members and asking for personal information, including PINs. These are not legitimate Sierra Pacific calls.
Please be advised:
- When calling members, Sierra Pacific will never ask for personal information.
- We do not have access to your PIN and will never ask you for it
- Our real Fraud Department will use one of these numbers when calling members, and will never ask for your PIN or personal information:
- Representative: 888-241-2440
- Automated: 877-276-3721
If you receive a call asking for personal information, your PIN, and/or claiming to be a department of Sierra Pacific FCU, please inform the credit union immediately and do not give up any information.
Contact your branch or call our main line at 775.834.4579.
Find more tips on identifying and dealing with fraud calls here: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0076-phone-scams
EMV Chip Cards
Activating Your EMV Chip Card
After getting your new EMV Chip Debit Card in the mail, you’ll need to activate it as soon as possible. Follow these steps to activate:
- Call (800)466-0040 toll-free within 90 days of the card issue date from the home phone number we have on file with the credit union.
- Have the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number ready for authentication, and enter them when prompted.
Calling from a different phone number:
- Follow prompts to enter the last 4 of your ss#
- You will be transferred to a call center where you will be asked to provide your home phone verbally.
Receiving Your PIN
You will receive a PIN mailer two to three days after your card. The PIN mailer will include the pre-assigned PIN associated with your card and a reference number. You’ll need this reference number for future PIN changes, so keep track of it.
Changing Your PIN
If you’d like to change your PIN, you’ll need the reference number from your original PIN mailer. Call 800-503-9249 and follow prompts to update your PIN.
Can’t find your reference number or original PIN Mailer? Give us a call, we’ll issue you a new one.