Challenging position for a motivated financial professional seeking to join a tight-knit team. The position offers excellent benefits, including paid medical, pension, 401k and incentives. We are a growing institution in a growing area, headquartered in Reno, with operations in Las Vegas and Phoenix. Compensation DOE. Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants can send resumes to [email protected]
Summary of Qualifications:
As a Sierra Pacific FCU Financial services representatives you will provide member on-boarding, front line service to members, to advise members of all credit union services, to be familiar with deposit rules and procedures, lending rules and procedures, new member procedures, as established within the credit union. The FSRs will perform proper cash and check handling per the procedures of the credit union and will perform their duties with timeliness and accuracy. FSR’s also perform lending functions acting as a liaison between underwriting and members and ensure consumer loans are effectively closed.
FSRs must maintain confidentiality of all member information and as trained will be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC requirements, etc. It is preferred that FSRs have experience in financial institutions, or equivalent experience with cash handling, administrative procedures, customer contact or related experience.
- Identifies member needs and provides superior advice using multiple member products that facilitates the member’s financial security.
- Empathizes with members and provides expertly integrated solutions to make it easy for members to acquire multiple SPFCU products.
- Responds to and completes all members’ requests.
- The FSR performs key line teller duties and is generally the first point of contact with Members.
- The incumbent similarly performs telephone contact teller duties, as well as answers questions regarding savings rates and terms and loan terms and conditions.
- The FSR executes teller duties accurately and performs daily balancing of cash drawer transactions.
- This position has been responsible for originating indirect loans as well as a variety of other loans.
- FSR is the main contact for new member sign-ups in branch and is responsible for presenting services and products to new and existing members.
- May act as a backup in performing end of day and end of day preparation.
- Is knowledgeable of Credit Union services, systems, and operations.
- Ensures within the scope of duties that Members are served in a timely, quality manner
- Assists in servicing members by processing such items as loan pay-offs, refinance calculations, payroll deduction changes, name, and address changes, or assists the members in completions of loan applications.
- Interviews applicants concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition in order to determine if a loan is an acceptable risk. Explains loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements in a professional and courteous manner.
- Enters member loan data into computer system loan application software and prints the appropriate loan documents. Prepares member loan file. When disbursing funds, makes sure the member is familiar with all terms, conditions, and collateral held on the note and disclosure.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to Credit Union operations
- Ability to build community contacts and the business locally
- Performs all other tasks as assigned