Do you enjoy a challenging work environment where you have a chance to make an impact on the lives of others?
Do you have an outgoing personality, willingness to take initiative, and strong problem-solving skills?
Then Sierra Pacific is looking for you!
SPFCU offers great career development prospects, fantastic coworkers, and competitive benefits, and we are currently seeking an experienced, energetic Financial Services Representative in Reno, NV.
Qualified applicants can send resumes to [email protected]
Skills and Experience
As a Sierra Pacific FCU Financial Services Representative, you will provide member on-boarding, front-line service to members, advise members of all credit union services, be familiar with deposit rules and procedures, lending rules and procedures, and new member procedures, as established within the credit union. The FSR will perform proper cash and check handling per the procedures of the credit union and will perform their duties with timeliness and accuracy. FSRs also perform lending functions acting as a liaison between underwriting and members and ensure consumer loans are effectively closed.
FSRs must maintain the confidentiality of all member information and as trained will be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC requirements etc. It is preferred that FSRs have experience in financial institutions, or equivalent experience with cash handling, administrative procedures, customer contact or related experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies member needs and provides superior advice using multiple member products that facilitates the member’s financial security.
- Empathizes with members and provides expertly integrated solutions to make it easy for members to acquire multiple SPFCU products.
- Responds to and completes all members’ requests.
- The FSR performs key line teller duties and is generally the first point of contact with Members.
- The incumbent similarly performs telephone contact teller duties, as well as answers questions regarding savings rates and terms and loan terms and conditions.
- The FSR executes teller duties accurately and performs daily balancing of cash drawer transactions.
- This position has been responsible for originating CUDL loans as well as a variety of other loans.
- FSR is a main contact for new member sign-ups in-branch and is responsible for presenting services and products new and existing members.
- May act as a backup in performing end-of-day and end-of-day preparation.
- Is knowledgeable of Credit Union services, systems, and operations.
- Ensures within the scope of duties that Members are served in a timely, quality manner
- Assists in servicing members by processing such items as loan pay-offs, refinance calculations, payroll deduction changes, name, and address changes, or assists the members in completions of loan applications.
- Interviews applicants concerning their loan needs, earnings, and financial condition in order to determine if a loan is an acceptable risk. Explains loan options, rates, terms, and collateral requirements in a professional and courteous manner.
- Enters member loan data into computer system loan application software and prints the appropriate loan documents. Prepares member loan file. When disbursing funds, makes sure the member is familiar with all terms, conditions, and collateral held on the note and disclosure.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned